Friday, December 18, 2009

Block 3 Closes: No Time, No Time, No Time, I've got No TIme

Block 3 ends in a few hours. So before I do some last minute cramming and my pretest rituals of singing songs about the end of the world, I though I would post this link that was given to me by a friend of mine.

The catch line is: "We have mapped all the genes for cancer."
In reality, all the possible mutations have been mapped for the two most common forms of cancer. This is no small achievement and has taken literally thousands of hours and years of work to accomplish.

This is not a cure, and currently is only really good for diagnostic testing of patients and matching each patients condition to the best form of chemotherapy.


Scientists crack 'entire genetic code' of cancer



Thanks Kyle for the link.

No comments: