Friday, September 10, 2010

Stories from the Summer: The Flag

Twice a day everything  on Fort Sam slowed to a halt. Cars would stop driving and pull over to the side, people would stop running, and each soldier would turn to the south, stand at attention, and salute the flag. The procedure for this was outlined very specific with specific bugle calls. I am sure there were some that found this an annoyance, but for me it was a time to remember who I was, why I was there, and those who had come before me.


"The Soldiers Creed"

I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.

6 comments:

Sophie said...

Hi Colin!

I'm a senior from Washington University in St. Louis who will be interviewing at Cincinnati this Friday morning. I just found out about your blog and I wish every med school had student blogs like this one because yours is really helpful! I'm wondering if it's possible to arrange to meet with you this Thursday or Friday afternoon to chat about the school and the interview process. I completely understand if you don't have time because I am asking this very last-minute. If you do have time, I would definitely appreciate meeting you and learning more about the school :)

- Sophia Li

P.S. my email address is mengtingli@wustl.edu I couldn't find your email address, so I decided to leave a comment here.

Anonymous said...

Colin,

We have a new medical memoir available to send out to bloggers and media outlets for review: "Doctor Confidential: Secrets Behind the Veil" by Richard Sheff, MD. Please let me know if you are interested!

Best,
Rebecca
rbrown@cadencemarketinggroup.com

Game Poker said...

In my opinion, it is an interesting question, I will take part in discussion.

Charlie G. said...

I have a great desire to participate in this discussion too. Agreed that the question is pretty interesting!

Unknown said...




alat bantu seksual pria
vibrator alat bantu seksualitas wanita
alat pembesar alat vital pria
celana vakoou pembesar alat vital pria
alat bantu seksual pria
vimax oil minyak pembesar alat vital pria
minyak lintah papua pembesar alat vital pria
alat bantu seksual pria
vibrator alat bantu seksualitas wanita
vakum alat pembesar payudara wanita
boneka full body
vigrx plus
crocodile oil minyak pembesar penis
cobra oil minyak pembesar penis
arabian oil minyak pembesar penis
black mamba oil minyak pembesar penis
minyak bulus pembesar penis
vimax asli original
alat bantu seksual pria
alat bantu seksual pria
vibrator alat bantu seksualitas wanita
vibrator alat bantu seksualitas wanita
vibrator alat bantu seksualitas wanita
vigrx oil minyak pembesar penis

R Benson said...

When I was a soldier we had a similar motto. In general, at that time I thought a lot. Now in a civilian way, sometimes I want to write my thoughts on paper and read them.